Hadiputranto, Hadinoto & Partners advises clients on some of the most significant transactions in the Asia Pacific region, such as Philip Morris subsidiary PT Hanjaya Mandala Sampoerna's USD 1.4 billion rights offering, the largest rights issue in Indonesia since 2011, and financing for the ground-breaking Sarulla Geothermal Power Project, named Asian Lawyer's "Finance Deal of the Year" in 2015.
As Indonesia's premier international law firm, we advise some of the largest domestic and international corporations on their transactions and investments. The quality of our work is reflected in the number of industry leaders that seek our help and the top rankings we receive from leading legal directories. Our Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate/M&A, Project Finance, Dispute Resolution, Employment, Intellectual Property, Real Estate, Tax, and Restructuring & Insolvency practices are ranked Tier 1 by AP Legal 500, IFLR 1000 and Chambers Asia Pacific.
With more than 120 lawyers, we help clients navigate the country’s business and legal culture using our solid working relationships with Indonesian government agencies and regulators. Voted Indonesia's "National Law Firm of the Year" by both Chambers Asia Pacific and the IFLR Asia Awards in 2015, our office works closely with colleagues across our international network to help clients overcome challenges and achieve their business objectives.
Finance & Projects
We have extensive experience assisting financial institutions, borrowers, developers and sponsors with a wide range of financing and project financing issues including:
- Banking and finance. We advise financial institutions and major companies on commercial loans, syndicated loans, letters of credit, construction loans, project finance, asset-based instruments, and leasing and security arrangements. We also advise on corporate finance instruments, including convertible bonds, exchangeable bonds, floating rate notes and medium term notes.
- Bank regulatory compliance. We counsel client on emerging legal issues in Indonesia’s rapidly changing financial markets.
- Debt restructuring and insolvency. We advise companies and creditors’ committees in major creditor-driven restructuring and voluntary restructuring initiatives. We help develop strategies for comprehensive restructuring plans and have extensive experience acting as liquidators.
- Shariah financing. Our involvement in Indonesia’s first US dollar Islamic bond issued in 2009 is testament to our capability in shariah finance.
- Energy, mining and infrastructure. We advise investors, developers, lenders, service contractors and offtakers in landmark transactions in the energy, mining and infrastructure sectors as well as power generation projects, both fossil-fuel based and renewable energy projects. We have worked on several of Indonesia’s private sector concessions for toll road and water project developments as well as oil and gas projects.
- Climate change. As market leaders in climate change projects in Indonesia, we represent developers and carbon buyers in Clean Development Mechanism and Voluntary Carbon Market projects, covering renewable energy, agricultural waste, methane capture and combustion, and avoided deforestation (REDD/REDD+) projects. Our clients include project developers, carbon funds, multilaterals and foreign governments.
Securities & Capital Markets
A top capital market practice in the country, we provide companies, underwriters, financial institutions and investment banks with a wide range of services relating to both public and private debt and equity offerings, including capital market regulations. We assist in mergers, acquisitions and restructurings as well as the establishment of securities companies and venture capital companies.
We have been involved in several domestic and international public offerings by top Indonesian companies, including major state-owned enterprises. We have established relationships with regulatory agencies in the Indonesian capital market, providing advice during law-making processes and participating in the stock exchange committee.
We advise clients on a wide range of corporate and commercial business legal matters with focused practices in the following areas:
- Private equity (Acquisitions)
- Labor and employment
- Real estate/Hotels and tourism
We also advise clients on:
- Mergers and acquisitions. We represent venture capitalists, multinationals, investment funds and private equity funds from start to finish in all types of M&A transactions regardless of size, complexity or location. Collaborating with senior foreign legal consultants and colleagues in other disciplines, we tailor our solutions to the relevant legal, regulatory and tax requirements.
- Foreign investment and joint ventures. We assist foreign companies in establishing joint ventures and investment structures across various industrial and service sectors. We help Indonesian companies orchestrate offshore transactions and obtain the necessary governmental approvals and licenses.
- Compliance/Regulatory matters. We advise businesses on general compliance and day-to-day legal issues.
We help clients structure agreements for the manufacture, supply, sale and movement of goods and services, both domestically and internationally. We advise on anti-competitive trade practices and provide representation in anti-monopoly cases. We assist in product liability issues, as well as labeling, distribution and packaging requirements. We also advise clients on government procurement laws and associated problems involving procurement practices.
Commerce and Investment • Compliance and Risk Management • Environment • Forestry, Plantation and Land • Healthcare and Hospitals • Insurance • Post-Acquisition Integration • Private Equity • Private M&A • Real Estate • Restructuring • Shipping, Logistics and Transportation • Telecommunications and ITC
Bankruptcy/Insolvency • Commercial Arbitration • Contractual Disputes • General Commercial Litigation • Compliance/Anti-Corruption/Anti-Bribery & Internal investigation • Administrative Law • Debt Restructuring
We present clients in a wide range of civil and commercial disputes before the Indonesian courts, including contractual disputes, shareholders disputes and general commercial litigation. We also represent clients in bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings.
We assist clients in formulating dispute strategies, assembling and analyzing facts and evidence, and taking matters to trial. We also represent clients in local and international arbitration of commercial disputes.
Employment Agreements • Company Regulations & Collective Labor Agreements • Benefits • Social Security • Organizational Restructuring • Health & Safety • Stock Options • Outsourcing • Secondments • Immigration • Employee Data Privacy • Employer Reporting Obligations • Labor Unions • Strikes • Terminations & Disputes • Harassment & Discrimination • Health & Safety
Insurance • Product Development • Funds • Asset Management • Compliance • REITs • Broker - Dealer • Financial Service Regulatory
We help international clients navigate Indonesia’s challenging IP enforcement environment by coordinating investigations on potential infringers, carrying out cease and desist campaigns, anti-counterfeiting raids and IP litigation. We assist foreign and Indonesian companies in obtaining protection for trademarks, copyrights, patents, industrial designs, trade secrets, plant varieties and domain names.
We offer a full range of services in both non-contentious and contentious matters, and help manage well-known trademark and patent portfolios. We also assist in the exploitation of rights through licensing, franchising and commercial-related IP agreements.
Anti-Dumping • Anti-Monopoly • Consumer Protection and Product Liability • Export/Import Customs planning and disputes • International Trade • Supply Chain Management